3-in-1 Baby Gift Mobile
As a mom who has survived the accumulation of baby gear that too quickly became obsolete, I wanted to create something that would outlive baby’s time in the crib. I am also bringing to life the whimsical flying animals that sprung from my imagination while my children were babies with this 3-in-1 mobile.
What is a 3-in-1 mobile?
- This kit comes with everything you need to string together seven wooden cutouts into an eye-catching, hanging baby mobile that will encourage visual stimulation and wonder during baby’s early years. (This can also be hung against the wall as a wall hanging.)
- When the baby becomes a toddler, the mobile pieces can be returned to the wooden puzzle board to create a fun game that promotes fine motor skills. Just imagine a child’s delight interacting with these pieces that were once the center of their daydreams dancing overhead, just out of reach,
- Beyond the days of playtime with puzzles, the mobile pieces can be used in a variety of different ways that will keep them precious in your everyday life. String them back up (individually this time) to hang from a holiday tree, in a window or from a ceiling fan pull chain. You might also choose to glue one or more pieces to the cover of a baby book or photo album. The mobile pieces could also be glued to a picture frame or mounted on the wall among your gallery wall of artwork or family photos. The possibilities are endless!
A Flying Tree Studios 3-in-1 Mobile is the perfect baby shower gift because it will continue to be treasured year after year. The wooden pieces and puzzle board are cut from wood and adorned with my original designs that were inspired by the curiosity and wonder I saw in my own children’s eyes. As with all my baby mobiles, the lightweight wooden pieces move from the slightest breeze or a gentle tap.
- Puzzle board measures 15" x 8".
- Rainbow measures 9" x 3" and each animal is approximately 4" across.
- Comes packaged with: puzzle board, 7 wooden pieces, twine, easy to follow instruction card, and a ceiling hook.
- Sealed with a non-toxic varnish making cleanup and dusting easy.
ABOUT: Kinetic pieces of hanging artwork, Flying Tree Studios' hanging mobiles will delight babies, children and grownups alike. Made of durable wood and finished to allow for easy dusting, this wooden mobile will be a keepsake that is treasured long after baby is out of the crib!
MORE QUESTIONS? Please see FAQ for commonly asked questions like hanging length and installation or contact me for additional questions.
Flying Tree Studios
Made by and for beach lovers!
Original Designs - All Rights Reserved
How long is the mobile? How do I hang it?
Unless a request is made when ordered, mobiles are strung to be hung from the ceiling: About 4 to 5 feet long (from ceiling to bottom of mobile). If you would like the mobile to hang at a specific length, please let me know in the "Notes" section during checkout.
Can you repair my mobile?
I have mobiles in my studio that have been hanging there for years! They even spin daily from the breeze of a nearby ceiling fan. They are soundly constructed, but if for any reason you have pieces that fall off or become entangled I am happy to restring your mobile at no cost. You pay to ship to me and I will pay for the return shipping. Or if you are located near San Diego, we can arrange for a drop-off. Please contact me to make arrangements.
Can I hang my mobile from a crib attachment?
If you would prefer to hang this mobile from a crib mobile attachment, please select "Hang from Crib" under "Hanging Length". (IF THIS OPTION IS NOT PROVIDED: This is one of my larger mobiles that is best hung from the ceiling.)
How do I clean the mobile?
Made of durable wood, Flying Tree mobiles can be easily dusted with a damp cloth or household cleaning spray (as opposed to paper or fabric mobiles) and will continue to look every bit as wonderful as the day they were hung for years to come.
How heavy is the mobile?
Most mobiles weigh between 1-1/2 to 2 pounds.
Can you tell me how you make these wooden mobiles?
I personally create each component of Flying Tree mobiles with care in my home studio. I sand and shape each piece of wood individually before adding illustrations (printed onto transfer paper), fabric or paper. Mobile pieces are then sealed with a high gloss varnish. Plastic monofilament (I use a 12-pound capacity for pieces that only weigh a few ounces each) is knotted to metal eyelets that have been screwed into each piece, making all connections extra secure.
Do they come with a spinning mechanism?
Flying Tree mobiles tend to move in even the slightest breeze since they are strung with very lightweight monofilament, as opposed to string or ribbon. They do not come with mechanisms for spinning, but even in the act of photographing the mobiles I find it extremely difficult to make them be still! I think you'll enjoy their soft and natural movement as much as I do.